Break-ups are never so easy. But one has to face them. This IPL season, I am facing this bitter truth of life.

It was 2008. A new cricketing era, IPL began. Among the 8 teams, it was natural for me to fall in for my own city team, Delhi Daredevils. No it didn't has Priety or Shilpa or Sharukh, neither did it has hot cheerleaders. Even the God Sachin and King Dhoni were not there. But I backed my home city. And it wasn't just an emotional choice. With Sehwag, Gambhir, Warner, Dilshan and Devillers in batting, and the great McGrath, Vettori, Mishra, Nannes and Nehra in bowling, Delhi was one heck of a formidable side!

I cheered them, whenever Sehwag blasted the opposition bowlers or Dilshan played his dil-scoop; I applauded McGrath's accuracy, Nannes' speed and Mishra's cunningness. I was with them, when Shoib Akhtar destroyed their batting line up, and also when Gilchrist's blinder threw them out from the semis. They didn't make it to the semis in 2010, but there were hopes and confidence that this Delhi Daredevils squad will gain the glory this season.

But in January 2011, something happened and all the dreams were shattered and hopes flew away. That month, players' auction took place and with almost all top Delhi players (barring Sehwag and Warner), all my dreams were also auctioned. I was a heartbreak. The new team was not the team I supported for three years. Gambhir, the devil's captain in 2010 and a trademark Delhi lad, was no-more ours (and I will never forgive you for that GMR). Team neither had the big names or fire power, nor the talent. And soon, it also lost my support. :(

It wasn't an easy decision. My mind was full of thoughts. "C'mon, Delhi is my hometown! How can I not support it? And still we have Sehwag, so anything is possible!" But then, "how can I support a team whose even 11 players I can't name! Compare it with last year's squad. Is it even worth being called a team?" I no longer could have bear the pain. To make decision easier (and more painful) was Delhi's performance in initial matches. And finally, I took that hard step- I broke up with Delhi, my once very own team.

Disappointed, without any team to support, IPL seemed to be of no interest. I had to choose a new team to support- a team which is as strong as Delhi once was and a team which can still make me feel proud to be Delhite. And there I was, doing korbo, lorbo, jeetbo for Kokatta Knightriders- the team led my Delhi's very own Gautam Gambhir.

This season I am up for you Shahrukh. This season is will cheer for Kallis consistency, Gauti's class and Yusuf's unleashing power. Then we have Lee's pace as well as World No.2 all rounder Shakib ul Hasan. This is the team of the season, and I am sure on 28th May, Gambhir will lift that IPL trophy. And that would be a big slap on the face of GMR!

Korbo lorbo jeetbo re! Korbo lorbo re! Jeetbo re! Jeetbo re! Go KKR!!!



P.S.: I must also admit that though I am 100% committed to KKR, but my first love will always remain Delhi :(. And I hope they make a comeback next season with a better team and also with a better jersey!