2.30AM

I had just gone for sleep. Suddenly, my phone rang. I picked it up. "Hello, Sarthak. We are in great trouble, need your help urgently."

Few hours earlier.

My friend, Manhar's family were out of station and he was all alone at home. He was just killing time, trying to study for his semester exams. There entered the Bhutani (another of my friend), to accompany Manhar in his loneliness. They spend some time together and then Manhar committed the first mistake of the night. He asked Bhutani to stay at his place for the night. And this was just the beginning of things to follow.

11:00PM

Bhutani felt the need of some food to feed his ever-growing stomach. Manhar's stomach was also growling. With Bhutani's bike standing downstairs, they locked the house and moved out. This was apparently their second mistake of the night, but they will realize it only after their return.

01:00AM

After satisfying their appetite, Bhutani and Manhar came back. A big surprise was waiting for them. On the door, they realized that THEY HAVE LOST THE KEY OF THE HOUSE! And without it they can't enter in the house.

So, there they were standing helplessly outside their house, glaring each other's face at 1AM in the night, with hearts in their mouth. "Where could the keys have gone???", they were wondering. But the more important question was, "What to do now?!!"

Frantically, they decided to get back to the road and try to search for the keys. And yes, that was their third mistake of the night. Searching for a small key on a road was never a wise decision, but they didn't realize it could be that worse.

At a speed of around 10km, thrice they went to and fro on the 4km stretch hoping for their luck to shine but that wasn't going to be the case that night.  In-fact, in the middle of their third try, BIKE's GEAR CHAIN BROKE OFF.

Now not only they were without shelter, but without transport also. Plus they had to carry the bike also. Luckily, Manhar and Bhutani had their communication devices!

2:30AM

I had just gone for sleep. Suddenly, my phone rang. I picked it up. "Hello, Sarthak. We are in great trouble, need your help urgently." I got a bit worried. But then they explained me everything and I, being their true friend, would have loved to see them spending night on footpath, but then the class 3rd quote of 'A friend in need is a friend in deed' struck my mind and I invited them to my place.

I woke up and informed my mother and made arrangements for their stay.

3:00AM

Pushing their bikes for about a km, they reached my place at around 3am. Manhar and Bhutani were visibly startle of what has happened with them. The thought of lost keys, stranded bike and, most importantly, of their parents reaction were still giving them jitters. But for the next half an hour or so, the three of us were only LAUGHING!

At around 3:30AM we three went to sleep and the tragic night ends.

The upcoming morning

While I was still sleeping, Manhar and Bhutani woke up and left my home at around 7AM. They tried to find out any locksmith but none was available so early in the market. They went to the market for breakfast, but shops were still closed. So they randomly decided to enter the jogger's park and complete the 1km lap (I am glad they still had so much energy left with them). After completing the lap, they laid themselves on the grass for next half an hour.

After which they moved on and took the number of a locksmith and called him. He promised to reach the house in 15mins, but after repeated calls reached there in 1.5hrs. The neighbors offered them some lunch and in the meanwhile the locksmith completed his work. They could enter their home once again!

After the night, Manhar has decided not to repeat the mistakes again and to keep a distance from Bhutani. While Bhutani, he is still busy in getting his bike repaired!

Also read: One day @ Examination Centre

(@My friends: You keep on doing such incidents and I will keep writing blog on them.)

Do comment. Thanks.