The professor is winding up the lecture and you enter the class. I am sure you don't want to make following excuses to get attendance:

1) Time is Money, ryt? Keep this 10 rupees note.

2) You should be grateful. At least, I am showing up my face in class.

3) I was with your daughter!!

4) Does it make any difference if I sleep in my bedroom or in the class?

5) I was about to leave, but then Tata uncle appeared. He wanted me to donate few thousands crorer for his new ultra-nano car venture. But I didn't have the pen.

6) How dare you start the class without me??

7) It's not my fault if the time table doesn't mention that it is in Indian Standard Time.

8) I know what you did last weekend. So, it would be better for you if I get the attendance.

9) The lecture ends at 10 and its 9.55 only. So technically I have attended the lecture.

10) Who are you? Have I seen you somewhere?